FAT CAT BOOKKEEPING!
Simple, straightforward virtual bookkeeping for your small business or personal finances. Based in San Diego, I work out of my home office with my cat supervising your books to ensure that they are both beautifully organized and accurate.
For many people, keeping the books up to date or even getting started with the process can be difficult. With all the different options and information out there, it can be easy to get overwhelmed. I decided to create a professional, simple, approachable environment where small business owners could feel comfortable tackling their bookkeeping projects.
I’m a certified ProAdvisor and work exclusively in QuickBooks Online. I also have a Bookkeeping Certification from NACPB and a QuickBooks Online Certification from NACPB. Please take a tour of my website, and don’t hesitate to contact me if you’re interested in getting started with Fat Cat Bookkeeping!
PROFESSIONAL BOOKKEEPING SERVICES
Listed below are some of the most popular bookkeeping services that I offer. Interested in multiple categories? See only one or two things here that you need? Need something not listed? Feel free to contact me to request additional information and learn more about my services, approach, and pricing so we can figure out the best plan for your books.
- Classify transactions
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet reports
- Journal entries
- Coordinate payroll with payroll companies
- Accounts Receivable invoice input and tracking
- Accounts Payable bill input for authorization and payment
- 1099 preparation and e-filing
- Receipt tracking
- Manual sales tax payable calculations
- Set up your books with a custom chart of accounts
- Create a workflow for your small business bookkeeping
- Clean up messy books
- Catch up books that need to be brought up to date
- Support for business owners who want to DIY their own books but need a little bit of help along the way
- Will answer questions, make edits, entries, adjustments, or do a portion of your books, while you DIY only what you want to
Household Finance Services
- Household bookkeeping
- Personal finance audit
- Goal setting and planning
- Categorizing transactions
- Tackling credit card debt
Services Not Offered
- Tax preparation
- On-site bookkeeping
- Tutoring and tutorials
- Bookkeeping for nonprofits
I like to keep my pricing simple and transparent. My fee is $65/hour, or fixed rates based on services selected. My fixed rates are just an estimate of my hourly fee, a projection of how long I think it’ll take me to do the books.
Pricing is based on things such as number of accounts and transactions, types of transactions, frequency of services, time needed, and complexity. Please note: all bookkeeping is completed in house. I do not outsource your bookkeeping to other companies.
On average, my monthly clients typically see pricing in the $300 to $700 per month range. For books with a higher number of accounts and complexity, pricing may be in excess of this range. For simple books with few accounts, pricing may fall below this range.
Catch up and clean up projects are charged by the hour and typically run several thousand dollars depending on the scope of work. Projects of any size are welcome, and small projects may be well under this range.
How it works
Your books are kept in QBO. You have access to them 24/7.
For those interested, I offer a free 15 minute introductory call where we can talk about your business’s bookkeeping needs and see if we’re a good fit. Texting and emailing are also welcome.
I utilize a remote communication model. This means that I primarily use email to speak with clients, with phone calls being fairly rare. This increases my efficiency, as well as gives us a record of conversation to refer back to when referencing information.
Upload your documents to your secure, password-protected client folder for safe handling.
Sign a simple, straightforward, one-page engagement letter.